Friday, August 14, 2009

My First Triathlon Coral Springs Sprint 2009

I decide that I wanted to run a triathlon, actually I have always wanted to to one since I saw my first one in Penticton at Ironman Canada.

I decided to do the Coral Springs sprint Tri as I felt that the distance would be good mainly the swim, I would have had not problem with the run and bike but I am not a great swimmer.

So the swim was ok I backstroked most of the course but I did not get picked up by the boat and was not last out of the water.

The transition was good with the great support from my Dad and Brother they carried me from the water to my transition chair got me into the hand cycle and off for the bike.

The bike could have been fast but due to a very strong cross wind that felt like a head wind in both directions I just could not get the bike really rolling.

The role/run was good once I got into the grove I felt great I could have gone harder as I felt I could have done a few more laps the course was nice mostly flat with some small up and downs.

Total Time -123/125 2:09:42
Swim Time - 126/127 26:15
Bike Time - 125/125 1:18:20
Roll/Run Time - 24/125 25:09

I plan to do the Olympic Distance next time

No comments: