Saturday, August 15, 2009

Calgary 70.3 Triathlon

I was a volunteer for it this year but plan on racing next year.

So I decided to volunteer for two reasons one was I wanted to help out in what would be a great event in Calgary and second I wanted to scout it out to see if I would be able to race it next year.

Now first I have to rant, I show up to pick up my volunteer shirt and band at the registration process and this guy directing people looks at me and says "So you not here to race are you" WTF I just let out a little smile and asked for the volunteer station. This is one of those times where I was just left bedazzled and came up with lots of other remarks after the fact. I hope he in there next year and says the same thing so I can run over his foot on the way to pick up my race package. Rant over

So got up at 4am to get to T1 to do body markings and police the bike mount, I have to say this was a blast if I did not plan to race next year I would totally volunteer again, everyone was great and had a good time the weather was perfect, I got really inspired to race next year.

Oh and best looking volunteer shirts, even my wife thinks they looked great!

No comments: