Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Swim Swim Swim

Decided to do a last minute 3km swim race with Xterra at an event in Canmore at quarry lake. Event Link

Figured this would be a good test event for IMC to see if I can swim 3km as I have focused mostly on the bike.

Started off well took me about 500m to get in my grove which tells me that I need to make sure that I get in a good warm up to get my heart rate up so that I can settle in faster into my swim.

Swam the 6 laps coming back was the toughest the high winds kept pushing me to the right and I have a tendency to move that direction also so off course a bit.

Ended up doing the 3km in 1hour 15min supper happy about it was hoping for an 1hour and 30min.

I am on track for my swim at IMC so that is great just have to figure out how to bike and the day will be in the bag.

No comments: