Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lake Chestermere Triathlon


Quick race update.

One week after the Desert Half I decided to do a sprint distance event this would be the first Lake Chestermere Triathlon

I decided to do the sprint distance as this is the official distance for para triathlon and the last time I did a tri a week after a half it was rough to I figure this would be a good event

Swim
- Good seemed long but was out in under 20min, got my goggles knocked off but was in the mix and needed more experience in a group.

T1
- Was quick my team and I are starting to really get it together

Bike
- Overall the course was flat "YEA" one small uphill and a head wind but I felt fast I was passed 'expected' but I also did some passing something that I am doing more often so happy about that.

T2
- Quick

Push
- First hydration system is better when the tube is clean first few drinks where gross
The run is on a pathway started out nice but the middle was twisty and undulating this makes it tough to get a rhythm and maintain a good push on the chair, one steep hill in the middle made is tough also so not great but got it done.

Finish 1:40 49/90 overall and 8/11 for age group

This was the first local race that I was not last or close to last I was right in the middle felt so great, I hope to get my time down to the 1:30's. I would also like to place in the top half of my age group and top 20 over all.

This was a fun race put on by MultisportsCanada I have been doing their local races for the last 3 years and they always put on a great event... Oh their best event is the Lake Chaparral tri tough course but best post race meal at any event I have done worth it just for the post race food

No comments: