Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Lake Chaparral Triathlon

This was the third year I have done this event and its one of my favorites

This year sticking with the sprint distance as that is the official para distance.

Swim - Got in a good warm up swam well out in 17:57

Bike - This is a tougher bike course due to a steep hill and with the handcycle climbing is tough. They also altered the course this year to make sure that it was a full 20km, unfortunately the extension went onto a road that is not in very good shape super bumpy, started to get spasms and thought that if I have to do this section too many times I would pull out. finished the bike in 55:59(this includes t1 and t2)

Run / Push - Got a good start, I worry a bit about the pathways and passing people but no issues this time. Ended up with a 21:12 run time

Overall 1:35:08 great time for me getting faster every race ended up 79th out of 177 finishers felt great to not finish last or near the end.




No comments: