Friday, July 16, 2010

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS - PARA-CYCLING

First time at nationals and what a great experience.

First I went in totally under trained, after being sick more then I was healthy for all of June I reset my expectations as I knew I was going to be near the bottom or very close so I changed my mindset to have a great time and really learn from the other riders.

The first race was the time trial on Saturday it was 20km and not overly hard but it did have some hills and there was a head wind, well I got my ass kicked in a big way dead last by a long shot.

Sunday was the road race it was 40km long in 5km loops, this turned out better then expected I finished 2nd!!!! when they called my name my coach and looked at each other and thought WTF thats a mistake but apparently I outlasted the others in my class so I will take it.

Things that I learned
1. I need to ride way more
2. I need to lose about 30-40lbs

So over all a great time and looking forward to next year.

No comments: