Monday, July 26, 2010

Coral Springs Tri it Triathlon

Best Triathlon yet!!

Last year I did this triathlon as my first ever as a para-triathlon at the sprint distance but this year I decided to move on up to the Olympic distance and use it as a bit of a warm up for the Calgary 70.3 as they are 3 weeks apart.

In the morning when I got up and saw the big dark cloud I was not happy but by the time I was set up and ready to go the Sky's cleared and it ended up a beautifull day.

The swim was good if I could swim a straight line I would have taken off about 10-15 min I figure but finished in 47min

The bike was good I felt fast and ended up going just under 2hours

Then the run, I had not been in the race wheelchair since December so it was a challenge but I still felt good.

At the start my goal was to finish in under 4hours I crossed the line, looked at the clock and it was over 4hours ah crap...... But then then I was told that was the start of the first group soooo i finished in

3:47!!!!!!!

So happy and based on last years result I was over 30min faster so super great race for me

Huge thanks to my dad and my brother for all there support and help.