Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lake Chaparral Triathlon

Last triathlon of the year.

One week after the Calgary 70.3 I decide to do the sprint distance at Lake Chaparral, but due to some encouragement from my Dad and brother I moved up to the Olympic distance.

I was so tired at the start I did not feel great about how the race was going to go but everyone was there and I paid for it so I just went for it.

Swim - Have I ever said I hate swimming well I still do, started with freestyle but still have not gotten it figured out so backstroke it was, slow and steady not sure of the time but I think it was about the same as the last Olympic I did

Bike - Not sure I said I hate hills but I do the coarse was 5 laps so I got to do the one long steep hill 5 times, I finished in over 2 hours longer then last time but tougher coarse so not overly bad.

Run - All good I was felling good for the run, it was OK.

Finished and won my age group, heck I always win my age group but thats what you get when you race yourself I will take it.

No comments: