Sunday, August 8, 2010

Kids of Steel


I am the proudest dad in the world, heck I am tearing up writing this (So lame).


Jack my 5 year old did his first Triathlon a kids of steel event at Lake Chaparral in the 7 and under age group.


Swim - After waiting for over two hours they got in to the water, my wife took him in she said that he cried and wanted out once it got deep and as he got closer to me watching on the dock he wanted to get out with me but she convinced him to swim toward her and that worked out. as they were getting out of the water he wanted to stay in as he was getting it.


T1 - Once out of the water he was soooo happy he was fist pumping and so proud of himself.


Bike he race out of T1 got on his bike and took off I followed as I was not sure how he would do but he rocked it, he was passed by one kid was was determined to get him fun to see his competitive side, he rang his horn and into T2


T2 - Met my mom at T2 she took the bike and he was off.


Run - He was fast really fast I could not keep up he only slowed down to find out which way to go, I just encouraged him from behind. He them sprinted to the finish it was awesome he totally rocked the whole thing.


It was over in the blink of an eye I am again so proud of him and hope that he continues to kick ass both him and his brother will do it next year.

2 comments:

Simon said...

Great race report! Congratulations to your son. In an age where the potato chip and video game seem more important to kids.... well, it's just heartwarming to hear he's getting into sports at such a young age.

Martha S said...

Heello mate great blog