Monday, June 18, 2012

Chinook Triathlon Festival, Ye Haw

Second race of the year the Chinook Triathlon Festival.

I had original sighed up to do the Half at this event but after being sick for a week I decided to do the Olympic distance and was glad that I did as I still felt like crap race day.

Swim 37:11
-Felt brutal first it was cold watching the people coming out of the water looking for their feet wondering if they still had them was a good indicator and yup it was cold
- It took me a while to get into a rhythm, breathing issues even with the decongestant caused me to not be as fluid
- I did not really get taken out in the swim but I might how dunked a few people and if they are reading I am sorry

T1
- It was good hit the bathroom, got on the bike and gone, I do need to work on getting my socks on with wet feet

Bike 1:57:41 (this includes T1 and T2) 1:47:36 (Actual time on the bike)
- I felt ok I was not feeling great but I was not feeling like crap either it was more of a bla I am sick ride
- HR was crazy high nothing I could do to get it down but I never felt like I was over exerting
- Knowing that it was uphill to the turn around and downhill on the way back I pushed a little harder to the turn around knowing that I would be fine for the ride back
- Oh I did have my computer so that was good
- I was also surprised that traffic was handled so well this was a concern before but Mike and the gang did an amazing job

T2
- Got in got out

Run 45:32
- Again more of a Bla run
- Course not good for a chair soooo glad my Brother and Dad road with me (Big curbs, sharp turns, big down hill with sharp turn, gravel, shale and a big uphill) But I did see a deer and it was pretty.
- New thing did happen I had some cramping in my triceps, not a big fan and not sure why but it was quick

Finish
- Ok day over all, they did not have medals they had cowboy hats way cooler I totally rock mine even if the wife does not think so.

Huge thanks to Mike and his team at Chinook they really made me welcome and accommodated in areas that I needed
Oh and some other reasons to race this event, I will be back next year
1) Pre race dinner
2) Very organized, great location and super safe
3) Cowboy hat
4) Post race food was fantastic not pizza and lots of it.

No comments: