Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Almost 10 Years, Gotta Plan

So I have been thinking of what I should do on the 10 year anniversary of the accident that changed my life.

After 10 hours in surgery and from what I understand close to passing away I started my new life as a person with a SCI, this as you can imagine was quite a new change for me but I was determined to live my life finishing up school and getting a job. (A later post will contain more details)

So what to do for the 10 year anniversary have a party, have a drink?

I have decided to do something that I have been wanting to do since I was 16 and that being IRONMAN Canada, I still remember watching this race live and thinking that one day I would do it. That day will be in 2011 to celebrate all the life that I have lived since 2001. I hope to have as much family there as they have all supported me through this process and know that seeing them and my kids at the finish line when I roll on through will be one of the greatest days of my life.

1 comment:

Dallas said...

NOW THERE'S A GOAL!!!

I've always thought about doing Ironman. I have a lot of respect for the athletes who start that event... any of them.
Myself ?... hah, think I'll stick to biking for a while.

cheers